2 (7 ounce) cans
red salmon, drained and bones removed
( or you may mix the soft bones in for added calcium)
( keep the mayonnaise to a minimum or it will take away the flavor of the salad)
fresh lemon juice
green onions, chopped
celery, finely diced
( or to taste, or fresh ground black pepper)
seasoning salt (to taste) or
( to taste)
( white or whole wheat)
roma tomato, thinly sliced
- In a bowl using a fork mash the salmon with mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Add in green onions, celery, lemon pepper and seasoned salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or more.
- Toast bread slices, then lightly butter 1 side of each slice or you may leave the bread dry.
- Place a lettuce leaf over 3 slices of buttered toast.
- Scoop the salmon mixture onto the lettuce then spread.
- Top with 2 thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Cover each with a bread slice.
- Slice in half and enjoy!