russet potatoes, cubed
( peel left on or removed)
3 -4 tablespoons
( or to taste)
fresh ground black pepper
( optional and to taste)
- Cube the potatoes in about 3/4-inch squares.
- Place into a large bowl then cover with cold water, rinse then cover once again with water.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 48 hours (the longer soaking time the better!).
- Drain very well in a colander (I like to pat the potatoes dry using paper towels).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, then add in garlic powder, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Place the potatoes in the skillet and stir to coat with the butter.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 10 minutes, turning frequently with a spatula for even browning and crisping.
- Season with more seasoned salt to taste and black pepper.