2 cups fresh corn kernels or 1 (10 ounce) packages
frozen corn, thawed
cornmeal, finely ground
fresh thyme leave
1 1/2 teaspoons
eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350º F.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, bring 2 cups of the milk and the corn to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining milk and the cornmeal.
- Whisking constantly, slowly add the mixture to the boiling milk. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the butter, thyme, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Transfer to a buttered casserole or cast-iron skillet.
- Bake until golden and set, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.