( the blacker and softer the richer the cake is)
1 1/2 cups
- Pre-heat oven to 180 Celsius.
- Grease and/or line 20cm round cake tin.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and mashed banana and vanilla essence, beat well.
- Stir in hot water.
- Add S.R. flour and mix thoroughly. You end up with a sticky, thick mixture.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes. (I usually turn the oven off at about 30 mins, then leave cake in cooling oven for 5-10 mins).
- Check with a wooden skewer through the centre of the cake. When it comes out clean, cake is done.