chopped green onion, to taste
seasoned bread crumbs
grated parmesan cheese
Italian bread, cut into 1 inch slices
cream cheese, softened
( not low-fat or lite)
shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 (28 ounce) jars
garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a bowl, combine onions, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Add beef and mix well.
- shape into 1-inch balls; place on a rack.
- In a shall baking pan, bake for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink. (Or cook in a skillet on medium heat.).
- Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- (All of the bread might not be used.).
- Combine cream cheese, mayo, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over the bread.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Combine sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs.
- Pour over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.