2 3/4-3 cups
1 (1/4 ounce) packet
fast rise yeast
very warm water
( 120 F to 130 F)
extra virgin olive oil
Fontina cheese, shredded
( 1 cup)
freshly grated parmesan cheese
kalamata olives, pitted and cut into slivers
fresh oregano leaves
- Mix 1 cup flour, sugar, and yeast in bowl. Stir in the water and oil until blended. Pulse 1 3/4 cups flour and salt in food processor to mix. Add yeast mixture and pulse until blended. With motor running, add remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until soft dough forms (you will need to process about 2 minutes). Dough is ready when it comes together in a ball.
- Dust work surface lightly with flour. Turn out dough and knead until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls in your hands. Then flatten into 3-inch rounds. Cover with clean kitchen towel; let rest 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide dough into 4 pieces. Wrap 3 in plastic; refrigerate. Cut remaining dough into 12 equal pieces; shape each into 1 1/2-inch ball. Arrange on baking sheets; flatten into 3-inch rounds. Lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut tomatoes into thin slices, then fan out slices. Top each pizza with 2 or 3 slices. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon fontina, a little Parmesan, plus a few olive slivers and oregano leaves. Bake until bubbly and crust is golden, about 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cook’s Clue:.
- To keep dough from sticking to the food processor, lightly coat the inside of the bowl with nonstick cooking spray.