2 lbs beef steaks, round (3/4 inch thick) or 2 lbs
top sirloin steaks
( 3/4 inch thick)
onion, in 1/2 inch slices
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms or 2 (4 ounce) jars
1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans
condensed cream of mushroom soup
dry white wine
dried oregano, crushed
dried thyme, crushed
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
hot cooked egg noodles
frozen green pea
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut into serving sizes, if needed.
- In a large heavy skillet, brown beef on both sides in hot oil.
- Lightly spray the liner of a 4-quart crocker pot with cooking spray. ,.
- Spear one bay leaf with a toothpick (to be able to find and remove after cooking.
- Mix soup with spices and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place onion slices, green peas and mushrooms.in bottom of crock pot.
- Remove beef from skillet and place in crock pot on top of veggies.
- De-glaze pan with white wine,scrapping up meat bits.
- Add soup mixture to skillet and whisk to blend well; pour over meat in crock pot.
- Place speared bay leaf into mixture.
- Cover; cook on LOW setting for 8 hours.
- REMOVE bay leaf and toothpick.
- Serve over cooked noodles and sprinkle with parsley.