2 1/2 tablespoons
medium mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 tiny dried red peppers or 1/4 teaspoon
red pepper flakes
( you can use more if you want to!)
- In large pot combine water and 1 1/2 Tbs.
- salt; bring to a boil.
- Add mushrooms and boil 2 min.
- Drain; reserve cooking liquid.
- In saucepan combine 1 1/2 cup reserved liquid, vinegar all spices, and remaining 1 tbs salt.
- Boil for 5 min.
- Pack mushrooms in heat resistant jars.
- Pour liquid over them and add shallots and garlic.
- Add enough reserved liquid to cover, and a tbs.
- of oil.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 week, shaking occasionally.