chicken wings, separated
light corn syrup
garlic cloves, minced
fresh ginger, pressed and minced
vegetable oil (for frying) or
( for frying)
- Heat butter, soy sauce, corn syrup, brown sugar, water, dry mustard, cayenne, garlic and ginger until butter and brown sugar melt. Cool and set aside in large bowl.
- Heat oil on high heat until it hisses when splashed with a drop of water.
- Coat chicken pieces with salt.
- Carefully lower chicken wings into hot oil. Fry until chicken is caramel in color and crispy; about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Toss chicken in butter mixture until well coated. Remove and serve with blue cheese or ranch.