brown sugar, firmly packed,divided into 2/3 cup and 1/3 cup
butter, softened and divided
frozen white bread dough, thawed
flour, for dusting
- In a small saucepan, combine 2/3 cup brown sugar with the water and 2 tbsp of butter.
- Cook and stir until sugar has melted and the mixture is well blended.
- Spread all but about 3 tbsp of this mixture in the bottom of a shallow 9 inch baking dish.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the thawed bread dough into a rectangle.
- Roll with a rolling pin until you get a 10x16 rectangle, letting the dough rest a few minutes if it is resistant to rolling.
- Spread remaining 2 tbsp of butter over the dough.
- Sprinkle on remaining brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans, and drizzle with remaining caramel.
- Roll dough up jelly-roll style, starting at the long end.
- Pinch the seam together tightly.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the roll into 12 equal pieces.
- Place in pan, cut side up, and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until buns are golden brown.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then invert onto serving platter.
- Serve warm.