fresh mixed berries
low-fat ricotta cheese
fat-free evaporated milk
( not condensed)
packed brown sugar
( 3/4 inch thick)
( or margarine or oil for cooking)
- Combine berries and sugar in a small bowl.
- Combine ricotta cheese and preserves in another bowl. Mix well.
- Combine eggs,evaporated milk, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a shallow bowl,.
- Spread ricotta mixture over 6 slices of bread. Top with remaining slices of bread.
- Heat small amount of butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip sandwhiches in egg mixture, coating both sides. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powedered sugar. Top with berries. Serve with maple surup.