2 3/4 cups
1 3/4 cups
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour pans lightly. I used 2 9" square. You should be able to use 2 8"-9" rounds just fine.
- Cream together butter & extract.
- Add sugar slowly until all is added and it is mixed well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt together twice.
- Now add flour mixture, alternating between the milk and flour. Mixing well after each again.
- Pour equal amounts into each pan and give it a tap on the counter to remove any air pockets.
- Start checking at 25 minutes to prevent burning on the bottom and sides.
- Keep checking every 5-10 minutes depending on the wetness of the tester.
- If at 25 minutes the cake still wiggles when you open the door then you may need the full 30-40 minutes.