graham wafer crumbs
coconut, unsweetened, flaked
pecans, toasted, chopped
cocoa powder, unsweetened sifted
GRAND MARNIER LAYER
1/4 cup Grand Marnier or 1/4 cup
orange rind, coarsely grated
semisweet chocolate, melted
- In bowl, stir together crumbs, coconut and pecans.
- In small saucepan, gently heat butter, cocoa and sugar until butter melts.
- Remove from heat; whisk in egg.
- Blend into crumb mixture.
- Press into greased 9 inch square cake pan.
- Bake in 350F oven for 10 minutes. Let cool on rack.
- Grand Marnier Layer: In bowl, place half of icing sugar with butter, mix in half of the icing sugar with butter; mix in Grand Marnier, remaining icing sugar and orange rind.
- Spread over base.
- Chocolate Topping: Stir butter into chocolate until melted; spread evenly over Grand Marnier layer.
- Let cool for 20 minutes in refrigerator; cut into bars.
- (Bars can be covered, refrigerated up to 2 weeks, or frozen up to 2 months. Let soften slightly before serving.