1/4 cup softened margarine or 1/4 cup
( or more, if you want a sweeter bread)
whole wheat flour
1 -2 ounce fat free cream cheese or 1 -2 ounce
light cream cheese
additional brown sugar
1/4-1/2 cup raisins (optional) or 1/4-1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together margarine, sugar, and egg. Add skim milk and mix.
- Combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, and fold in optional raisins or sultanas.
- Pour a half of the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle additional cinnamon and additional sugar and then dot cream cheese on top of batter. Cover with rest of batter.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and the top is browned.
- SUGGESTION: would taste delish with cream cheese icing on top =).