garlic cloves, large, peeled, minced, divided
green onion, chopped
( I like Tamari)
( Chinese rice wine works well too)
sesame oil, Asian
salmon fillets, skinless
( approx. 6 ounces each)
bok choy, large, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips
shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- Using a food processor combine 1 garlic clove, green onion, soy sauce, sherry, sugar, sesame oil, and chili-garlic sauce.
- In a glass baking dish, arrange salmon and coat with marinade. Let sit for approximately 5 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange salmon, with some marinade still clinging. (Transfer the remaining marinade from the glass dish into a small sauce pan.).
- In the oven, roast the fish for about 8 minutes, or until just opaque in center.
- On the stove top over medium-high heat, bring the sauce to a boil and set aside to use a a glaze for the fish.
- Over a high flame, heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan.
- Add bok choy and mushrooms and remaining garlic.
- Stir fry veggies until bok choy is wilted and the mushrooms are tender (approx. 4 minutes). Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Divide vegetables among four plates. Top with salmon and brush with glaze.