1 1/4 cups
plain wheat flour
( not self-raising)
2 1/2 cups
( for frying)
- Mix eggs, flour and salt.
- Add the milk, a little at the time, and whisk to a smooth batter. The batter will be very thin (almost like for crêpes).
- In a hot skillet (preferably cast-iron), add one teaspoon butter and just as much batter to cover the bottom (turn the skillet around to spread the batter). Fry the pancakes golden brown on both sides. Add more butter for each new pancake.
- Roll or stack them on a serving plate. Keep warm.
- Serve hot, preferably with whipped cream and jam.
- (Leftovers can be reheated or served cold with the same accessories).