beef tenderloin steaks, thick slices, 1 1/2 - 2-inch
sea salt, coarse
1/2 teaspoon pink peppercorns or 1/2 teaspoon
red peppercorns, freshly ground
nutmeg, freshly ground
1 1/2 tablespoons
extra virgin olive oil
shallots, french, finely, chopped
onion, sweet, finely, chopped
dry white wine
( whipping cream)
Stilton cheese, crumbled
fresh parsley, chopped
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the beef.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil on medium high heat, till the pan is hot and add the tenderloins, cooking (3 - 4 minutes for rare) (5 - 6 minutes per side for medium/rare - medium).
- Remove the beef and cover loosely to keep warm.
- Add the shallots, onion and wine to a small pan and boil until it has reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Now slowly add the whipping cream, boil the mixture again for about 10 minutes, until the mixture has been reduced by half.
- Next reduce your heat to low and very slowly, a little at a time, whisk in the cheese until it is all melted.
- Once the cheese has melted stir in the nutmeg and parsley.
- Spoon the sauce over the beef and enjoy.