2 1/2 cups
brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9inx5in loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dates and butter.
- Pour boiling water over them, and let stand until cool.
- When the dates have cooled, stir the mixture to break up any clumps.
- Mix in the brown sugar and egg until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir into the date mixture until just blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.