1 1/2 teaspoons
( butter flavor is best)
1/2 cup sour milk or 1/2 cup
vegetable shortening, pan
( for frying)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place 1 Tablespoon shortening in cast iron skillet. Place in oven to melt.
- In measuring cup, place 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, and add milk to equal 1/2 cup, set aside.
- In mixing bowl, add dry ingredients.
- Add the 2 Tablespoons shortening and cut in until you have fine crumbs.
- Add sour milk. Stir until combined.
- Pat out on board to about 3/4 of an inch thick. Cut out with biscuit cutter or drinking glass.
- Take skillet out of oven. Place biscuits in pan, turning to coat with shortening. Place pan back in to oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until light brown.
- These can also be made on a baking sheet. Just don't coat them with the shortening.