1 (15 ounce) cans
( chick peas)
minced garlic cloves
- Process the onion in a food processor until it's very finely chopped. (My family doesn't like onion chunks).
- Add the spices, egg, garlic and lemon juice. Process until mixed.
- Drain the beans and add to the food processor. Process with just a few pulses leaving some beans in chunks.
- Transfer bean mixture to a bowl and add bread crumbs. It will be wet and sticky so you can form it into balls.
- Pour the 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Form bean mixture into golf ball size balls and flatten slightly.
- Dip each side into the olive oil and nestle into the bottom of your crock pot. It's ok if they overlap or lay on top of each other.
- Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours or until golden brown.
- Layer into a pita or corn tortilla with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and tangy ranch dressing.