firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cups
unbleached all-purpose flour
whole wheat flour
semi-sweet chocolate chips
( 2 cups)
salted sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar, beating on low until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Combine flours, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheets and remove to cool completely on wire racks.