( 2 lbs)
hot pepper flakes
- Scrub potatoes and cut into long 1/2-inch strips.
- Place potato strips into ice water, cover, and chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Remove potatoes and dry strips thoroughly.
- Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice, and pepper flakes in a plastic bag.
- Toss potatoes in spice mixture.
- Brush potatoes with oil.
- Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in 475°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking uncovered for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn fries occasionally to brown on all sides.