( or guar gum)
( or 1/2 non diary substitute)
dry yeast, granules
( or Bread Maker yeast)
( or margarine)
( or dough enhancer)
eggs, room temperature
of cut up sunflower seeds
- Most of the ingredients can be placed straight into the baking pan of the bread maker in the order suggested in your manual. (Some place yeast on bottom, flour mix next, then sugar and liquids; other suggest the reverse order.).
- Place 1 & 1/2 tablespoons yeast in bread pan.
- Add all the flours, xanthan/guar gum, milk powder and salt.
- Add the sugar.
- Beat the eggs.
- Combine all the water, the butter, vinegar, and eggs. (If your bread machine manual recipes call for warm water, use that. If it has a pre-heating cycle, put in at room temperature.).
- Use the white bread setting at medium crust (if you have this selection). Alternatively 3-4 hour setting.
- 1. Be careful reading tablespoon and teaspoon (I have read it wrong on occasion and achieved a 'not so good loaf').
- 2. I recommend that you always go back to the ingredient list and check you have included everything (that isn't optional) before cooking.
- This bread freezes well, for convenience slice before freezing.
- WHITE & BROWN:.
- Exchange 1 cup or both cups of white rice flour for brown rice flour. The results are excellent.
- TENDER BUTTERMILK BREAD:.
- A tasty bread with a distinctive flavor, it seems to stay fresh longer than other breads. Some lactose-intolerant celiacs can use buttermilk, so this may be a boon for them if they are allergic to the soy in some of the baby formulas or the coconut oil in most of nondairy substitutes.
- Follow the recipe for White Bread, but substitute 1/2 cup powdered buttermilk for the milk powder and omit the vinegar. Follow bread machine making instructions as per normal.