( or other small pasta, shells, radiatore, bowties)
3 (6 ounce) cans
hardboiled egg, chopped
celery, diced small
onion, diced small
4 -5 tablespoons
( or more to taste)
sweet pickle relish
3 -4 dashes
( we like Frank's Red Hot)
- Boil pasta as directed until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. (I also boil the eggs at this time and rinse then in cold water when finished).
- In a large salad bowl, combine chopped eggs, diced onion, celery, mayo, lemon, spices, relish, and hot sauce.
- Drain the tuna well and flake into the bowl.
- Make sure the pasta is relatively dry (a little water clinging to them keeps the salad moist and cuts down the mayo needed).
- Thoroughly mix the salad and chill if desired.
- Serve in bowls or on a bed of lettuce.