unsliced French bread
( or use a mixture of half each melted butter and olive oil)
fresh ground black pepper
- Slice the French bread diagonally into about 3/4-inch slices or as thick as desired.
- Brush both sides of each slice with olive oil or melted butter.
- Sprinkle one side of the slice lightly with kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder if using.
- Place seasoned side down on the grill.
- Grill over medium heat until lightly toasted about 1-3 minutes, cooking time will depend on how hot your grill is (check frequently to avoid burning).
- Using long tongs turn the bread over and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder; grill until toasted.