2.5 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
1 1/2 cups
finely diced red onions
extra virgin olive oil
garlic cloves, crushed
red jalapeno chile, minced
finely chopped minced herbs
( thyme, mint, tarragon, parsley or cilantro)
1 1/2 tablespoons
crushed cumin seeds
- Drain and rinse canned chickpeas.
- Toss beans in a bowl with the onions.
- For the Vinaigrette: whisk olive oil with garlic, jalapeno, herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Let stand for 30 minutes longer.
- Add cilantro leaves as garnish. Serve at room temperature.
- Preparation time does not include "standing" time.