yellow onion, medium, chopped
garlic cloves, crushed
( or sliced)
boneless skinless chicken breasts
( or 1-1/2 to 2-lbs. Pork tenderloins or skinless Salmon fillets)
sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
pears, ripe but firm-not soft-peeled, cored, and cubed
red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/2-2 tablespoons
tarragon leaves, fresh, finely chopped
fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle both side of meat with kosher salt (optional), add to skillet and saute over medium heat until cooked through: about 8-10 minutes per side for chicken; 12-15 minutes per side for pork; 5-7 minutes per side for fish. Be careful not to overcook.
- Meanwhile, whisk together red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, tarragon leaves, fresh ground black pepper, along with 2 tablespoons of water. Mix together well.
- Remove meat from skillet, cover, and set aside.
- Clean up the skillet, if needed, and add 1/2 cup water and sweet potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until sweet potato is slightly tender.
- Add the pear cubes and cook for 5 more minutes. Keep an eye on the water level and ensure it doesn't completely evaporate.
- Transfer meat, potato and pear to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and toss with vinegar, dijon, tarragon, mixture. At this point you can serve immediately, or, refrigerate and give flavors time to blend and heat through later. I would very loosely cover a baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for around 15-20 minutes.