1 1/4 lbs
ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
( or 16 oz. frozen peaches, thawed)
lemon, juice of
1/2 cup prosecco or 1/2 cup
asti spumante sparkling wine
- Stir sugar into water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a slow boil and boil for 3 minutes. Cool.
- Puree peaches in a blender; add cooled syrup and lemon juice.
- Stir in wine.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve in a cocktail glass.
- *May also serve a small scoop in a tall glass and add sparkling wine for a refreshing after dinner dessert drink.