sweet potato, peeled
( rubbed between fingers to release flavors)
( or use freshly ground black pepper to taste)
butter, finely diced
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Generously grease a heavy medium size shallow disposable foil pan.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into thick slices, then place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar with thyme and lemon pepper; sprinkle over the potato slices in the bowl and toss to coat.
- Arrange the slices in layers into the pan.
- Dot with butter (at this point you may refrigerate until ready to grill).
- Pour the orange juice over the top.
- Cover with foil.
- Place on the grill, then cover with the grill lid.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, then remove the foil and do a test for doneness, if needed cook for additional time until they are to your liking, you may need to add in more orange juice if potatoes begin to dry out.