coarse black pepper
( fresh ground if available)
crushed red pepper flakes
- For the dressing: Dissolve sugar in hot water then blend with the vinegar, salt, and peppers. .
- Arrange in alternate layers: 2 medium CUCUMBERS, scored with a fork, not peeled but sliced very thinly and 2 medium ZUCCHINI, raw, same size as cucumbers, prepared the same way.
- Drain any water formed from cucumbers before adding the dressing.
- Allow vegetables to marinate in the dressing at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with meat, fish, or poultry.