milk, 90-100 f
brown sugar, packed
- If using a BM, add warm milk to pan, then add flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon to pan. Place butter in corners of pan, make a well in center of dry ingredients and add yeast. Program for Specialty and desired Bread Color. When the signal alerts sound durring kneading cycle add the raisins (if your machine does not have an alert for add ins near the end of the kneading cycle, you will need to set your own timer, you want to add the raisins near the end of the kneading cycle).
- If using a stand mixer, add dry ingredients to pan, add milk and butter, mix with paddle until a ball forms.
- Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Change to the kneading hook and knead for 4 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Knead 4 minutes more, then add raisins and knead until raisins are incorporated.
- Form into a ball and place in a bowl, cover and let rise until doubled.
- Form into loaf and put into greased pan (non-stick spray works well). Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Bake in pre heated 350 f oven for about 40 minutes. Internal temp should register at least 190 f on an instant read thermometer.
- Although the original recipe calls for only 1/2 cup raisins, I use a full cup.