4 (14 3/4 ounce) cans
1 cup cracker crumbs or 1 cup
2 teaspoons dill weed or 2 tablespoons
minced fresh dill
salt and pepper
olive oil or
butter, to grease pan
- Bust up the salmon into flakes with a fork. I leave the bones and skin in because they pack a powerful nutritional punch.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the olive oil or butter, and mix well. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Add additional crumbs or milk if necessary to make a moist patty that holds together well.
- Heat a little olive oil or butter in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat and cook patties until the first side is nicely browned. Turn and cook other side to a nice brown. Make as many batches as necessary, using 2 skillets if you have room on the stove to speed up the process.
- Tip -- do not turn too soon or the patty may fall apart. Plan to turn only once.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges to squeeze over them.
- Serve hot or cold as a sandwich on hard rolls with cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.
- Serve mini-patties as party snacks.
- For OAMC I suggest wrapping patties individually and reheating them in the microwave when wanted.