( gluten free ( substitute 1 parts each of bean flour, tapioca starch and corn starch)
eggs, well beaten
( I add this, but it's not part of original recipe)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Set a 10" heavy skillet with heat resistant handle over moderately low heat.
- Melt butter in skillet; tilt skillet to coat sides and bottom.
- Sift together flour, sugar and salt.
- Beat eggs and milk together.
- Stirring constantly, blend the egg mixture into flour mixture.
- Quickly pour batter into hot skillet.
- cook 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Place skillet in oven and bake about 10 minutes or until the pancake is a light golden brown and top spings back when lightly touched at center.
- Remove to warm platter. Sift confectioner's sugar over top (I buttered heavily first, then sifted confectioner's sugar over it. The butter melted and created a sort of sugary paste with the confectioner's sugar - yum!).
- Serve at once with lemon wedges (I never did!).