onions, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups
hot chicken broth
( to make this vegetarian or vegan I use 3 cups hot water and 3 full tsp of Mckays Vegan Chicken seaso)
Italian plum tomatoes, canned drained and chopped
salt, to taste
cilantro, to garnish
Tomato, wedges to garnish
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until transparent.
- Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, until grains are coated with oil and rice is hot (about 3 minutes).
- Add broth, tomatoes, and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to very low. Cover and cook until done, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and tomatoes.