( about 1 ounce)
3 -4 cups
salad greens, torn
2 ounces goat cheese or 2 ounces
- In a small skillet, dry roasted pecans over medium heat for 1 to 5 minutes; stirring frequently. Finely chop.
- Meanwhile, arrange ½ cup salad greens on each of eight plates; set aside.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise. With a melon baler, remove seeds and make a small, round cavity in each pear half.
- Cut cheese into eight pieces; shape each into a ball. Roll in pecans and place one in each pear cavity. Arrange pears on lettuce.
- Pour vinegar into a small bowl; add sugar, whisking until dissolved.
- Add oil in a fine stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Drizzle evenly over pears; sprinkle with any remaining pecans.