1 (12 ounce) cans
evaporated milk, scalded
1 2/3 cups
bread, buttered with
1 1/4 cups
peaches, fresh, ripe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In mixing bowl, beat together first 6 ingredients, eggs through salt.
- In another bowl, combine milk & water, then beat it into the egg mixture.
- In greased 1 1/2-quart casserole, layer bread, milk mixture & peaches until all ingredients are used.
- Set casserole in pan of hot water & bake 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool & serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.