loosely packed chopped herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, basil and tarragon
salt & freshly ground black pepper
onion, very finely chopped
tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Whisk eggs with chopped herbs and whole milk in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium ovenproof nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over moderate heat. Add onion and saute until it is softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add vermouth and increase heat to high and cook until evaporated, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to moderate and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet.
- Pour in the egg mixture. Carefully arrange the tomato slices on top of the egg mixture in a single layer in a pretty circle. Cook eggs without touching, until the edge just begins to set, about 4 minutes.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until it is set in the center.
- Let the frittata stand for 5 minutes, then slide it onto a large plate and serve.