4 (6 ounce)
beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/4 inch thick
thinly sliced shallot
( or chopped onion)
1/2 cup black olives or 1/2 cup
green olives, sliced
crumbled Stilton cheese
fresh thyme, chopped
dried chipotle powder
- Heat butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth and wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until sauce has reduced to 1/2 cup (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile season steaks with salt, chipotle powder and pepper.
- Grill or broil until cooked to desired doneness.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in olives, cheese and thyme.
- Arrange steaks on warm plates and top with sauce.