( I use frozen, but homemade is fine if you are a purist)
onions, finely chopped
1/2 lb double Gloucester cheese or 1/2 lb
cheddar cheese, grated
fresh parsley, chopped
- Thaw the pastry.
- If using homemade, put your dough in the refrigerator to chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on a low heat.
- Mix in the onions and cook them until they are just beginning to soften.
- Mix them with the cheese and parsley.
- Roll out the pastry and cut out 4 rounds, each about 6 inches in diameter.
- Put a quarter of the cheese mixture on one half of each one.
- Fold over the other side and crimp the edges together.
- Lay the pasties on a floured baking sheet and brush them with milk or beaten egg.
- Bake them for 30 minutes and serve hot.