hot Italian sausage, removed from casings
( 4 Panini)
sweet onion, chopped
garlic cloves, finely chopped
sweet red pepper, chopped
sweet green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped or 3/4 teaspoon
salt & pepper
parmesan cheese, shredded
- Form the Italian sausage into 4 rectangular patties.
- Over medium heat pan fry the patties, brown one side flip, cover with lid and continue cooking until done (apprx 5 min per side), set aside keep warm or
- if your pan is large enough when you flip the patties add the onions & garlic, then the peppers and finish cooking all at once - otherwise follow along as suggested.
- Remove any excess grease from the pan.
- Meanwhile combine Onions and garlic.
- Add onions & garlic to pan and cook until they are well browned. Apprx 8 minutes
- Add peppers, tomatoes, basil & pine nuts cook 4 minutes.
- Lightly Paint one side of the Panini bread with oilive oil.
- Place a burger & 1/4 on the pepper mixture on 1/2 of the uncoated side of the panini, sprinkle with 1/4 of the parmesan, fold in half.
- Grill in a fry pan (apprx 3 minutes per side or until as crisp and golden as you like it) Brown one side then the other .
- An alternative method is to lay the panini flat, brown it & then add the patty & peppers etc.
- Or use your grill and brown both sides at once with the filling already inside.
- Serve with a nice green salad.