fat-free evaporated milk
( 250 mL)
1 (7 g) envelopes
( 125 mL)
fresh lemon juice
( 45 mL)
Splenda sugar substitute
( 180 mL)
grated lemon rind
( 4 mL)
( 1 mL)
graham cracker crust
( 23 cm)
- Pour evaporated milk in a mixing bowl; place in freezer until ice crystals form (about 30 minutes).
- Sprinkle gelatin over water and lemon juice in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute.
- Stir in Splenda and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in lemon rind and lemon extract.
- Beat evaporated milk at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes).
- Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating at high speed until mixture is combined.
- Do not over beat.
- Pour mixture into crust; cover and chill 1 hour or until set.