dried black beans
( substitute with red beans or pinto beans)
2/3 cup lard or 2/3 cup
1 1/2 cups
yellow onions, diced
red bell pepper, chopped
celery rib, chopped
garlic cloves, crushed
fresh cilantro leaves, diced
salt and pepper
- Rinse beans well.
- Soak beans in water in a saucepan for 2 hours.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until beans are soft about 1 ½ hours. Remove from heat.
- Puree beans with their liquid, onions, bell peepers, oregano, cilantro, celery, garlic, and cilantro in a blender.
- Transfer to a saucepan and heat the soup at medium low temperature.
- Poach eggs in soup.
- Serve hot w/ fried flour or corn tortillas.