garlic clove, crushed
4 1/4 cups
chopped fresh dill
smoked sausage, sliced
( your choice of sausage)
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the sauerkraut in cold water and leave to drain.
- Place sauerkraut, onion, garlic and cold water in a large saucepan with seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the chopped bacon in a deep frying pan until the fat starts to run.
- Stir in the paprika and mix into the sauerkraut mixture.
- Return to a gentle simmer for another 15 minutes then add the dill and sausage of your choice.
- Stir in the cream, check the seasoning and reheat until just on the point of boiling.
- Serve with rye bread.