3 1/2 cups chicken broth or 3 1/2 cups
coarsley chopped poblano peppers, stems and seeds removed
coarsley chopped jalapeno, stem and seeds removed
2 chopped scallions or 2
chopped fresh cilantro
chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons
garlic cloves, peeled, chopped
2 cups parboiled rice or 2 cups
brown rice, uncooked
lime, juice of
- Place the peppers, scallions, parsley, cilantro, garlic, and salt (if using chicken stock, reduce amount of salt to 1 tsp) in a food processor and process until smooth. Add a little water if needed.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the rice and stir to coat all the grains. Cook, stirring for about 2 minutes more.
- Add the ingredients from the blender to the rice and stir two more minutes, to incorporate well.
- Add the chicken broth or water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the lime juice, making sure it's evenly dispersed.