green anaheim chilies
( the soft kind)
onion, cut into slices
salt and pepper
cream (optional) or
- Roast and peel chiles.
- Cut off tops, de-seed, and split them open.
- Cut cheese into planks and stuff into chiles (not too much – they will melt and spread).
- Place stuffed chiles in a bowl seam side down.
- For sauce –.
- Put a little olive oil in a sauce pan with the onions and fry until fragrant and soft.
- Add tomato paste and chicken stock and salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour over top of chiles.
- Drizzle cream on top now - optional (I don’t do this).
- put into oven at 350° F for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted.