light maple syrup
1 (16 ounce) loaves
1 1/2 cups
- Coat a 3 quart oblong baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the maple syrup into the dish.
- Slice the French bread into eigth 2 inch slices and place over the syrup.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites, skim milk, vanilla, and nutmeg until well blended.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread, pressing the bread to soak up the liquid.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.