ground lean pork
onion, finely chopped
1 1/2-2 cups
corn flake crumbs
( or bread crumbs, but the cornflake crumbs hold it together better)
1 -2 tablespoon
( to taste)
whole grain buns
- Chop your onions while you preheat a non-stick frypan or barbeque at medium heat.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, and mix thoroughly. I use my hands, but you can use a fork or spoon. Wear gloves for safety against bacteria and food-borne illnesses!
- If you have to let the mixture sit, DO NOT mix in the oats and cornflake crumbs until just before you will cook them. Otherwise, the grains absorb too mcuh liquid and get mushy, making the mixture fall apart.
- The mixture should hold together quite well and not crumble. If it does, you probably need a little more of the oats and cornflake crumbs.
- Form the mixture into 4-6 patties (depending on the size of your buns). Keep in mind these do not shrink at much as beef burgers normally do - they hardly shrink at all actually.
- Fry or barbeque on medium heat for a few minutes per side.
- Garnish with your favourite toppings and enjoy!