italian herb salad dressing
1 1/2 teaspoons
minced garlic clove
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all stuffing ingredients and set aside.
- Lightly spray casserole dish with cooking oil.
- Prepare chicken by placing a slit down the center of each breast and spooning approximately 1/4 of the stuffing mixture into each breast.
- Place in oven and cook for 40-45 minutes until done.
- WINE SAUCE.
- During the last 10 minutes prepare wine sauce.
- Heat oil in saucepan and saute diced shallot until soft.
- Add 1/2 cup of white wine and heat over medium heat 3-4 minutes.
- Slowly add heavy cream, dijon mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and simmer.
- To thicken combine 1 tbsp flour with some water until it forms a paste.
- Add a small amount of the heated wine sauce into the paste and then slowly add this mixture to the entire amount of wine sauce until thickened. Heat through and serve over chicken. Garnish with parsley and serve!
- *Basil may also taste nice in the wine sauce -- I am going to try next time.