freshly cut fresh edible flower
( pansies, violas, violets, marigolds, wallflowers, lobelia, borage flowers and other flowers from fre)
mineral water or
- Cut small, colourful flowers from your garden. Some types you might select are: pansies, violas, wallflowers, lobelia, and miniature roses. For larger flowers, simply use the petals instead of the whole flower. You can also use flowers from fresh herbs.
- Fill an ice cube tray half full of water. Place the tray in the freezer until the water freezes.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and place one flower or several petals in each of the individual ice cube cups. Top off with enough water to cover the blossoms.
- Return the flower-filled ice cube trays to the freezer until the cubes are frozen.
- Remove the cubes from the trays and either store in the freezer in zip lock bags or use in beverages straight away.
- Some more ideas for these ice cubes: drop them into soups or chilled soups; add to the punch bowl; line a glass salad bowl with them and then serve your salad in the middle; use them to chill wine and champagne in clear coolers -- or just drop them into any cold drink!