1 (4 lb)
rack pork spareribs
1 (40 ounce) jars
green chili sauce, 505 medium, Stokes, equivalent homebrewed
raw potatoes, in 1-inch cubes
1 -2 drop
dave's ultimate insanity habanero sauce
( or the fire of your choosing)
( coarse ground is best)
shredded cheddar cheese
flour tortilla, warmed
- Remove excess fat from ribs as required. Cut rack of ribs only as needed to fit in large pot. Bring to boil and then fast simmer slabs of ribs in water, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, for 30-45 minutes. As ribs are boiling, place green chile in slow cooker. Heat to just bubbling, but do not allow to come to a boil.
- Remove ribs from boiling water, and slice into individual ribs. Arrange ribs in slow cooker, then place raw potato cubes on top, ensuring that ribs and potatoes are fully submerged in green chile.
- Simmer until potatoes are fully cooked, 2-3 hours. If the Green Chile gets too thin, thicken with a little Corn Starch.
- With slotted spoon, remove potatoes from cooker to plates, top each serving with shredded cheddar and place under broiler just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Arrange ribs on plates, and cover with ladled green chile. Serve with warmed tortilla to sop up the good stuff.